Originally published on The Makery
By Samantha Reichstein
Whether the celebration revolves around Cinco de Mayo, Mother’s Day, graduation, Memorial Day Weekend or just the fact that we will be officially six-months into the year, the month of May always welcomes popped corks, poolside drinks and happy hours that seems to surpass 60 minutes. As the summer heat is just around the corner (or for the Chameleon Crew here in Austin, never really left) take your cooling cocktail to the next level by adding a splash of Chameleon Cold-Brew into the mix.
We’ve selected a few of our favorite recipes perfect for any party. From a caffeinated mojito to a classic white Russian cocktail, each focuses on the tastiest blend of both booze and buzz.
Get ready to clink your glasses in unison with a Chameleon Cold-Brew cocktail you’ll be sure to enjoy well past May.
1) Chameleon Cold-Brew Lemongrass & Ginger Cocktail
- 2 cups of water
- ½ cup coconut nectar
- 8-12 inches of lemongrass, bruised with the back of a knife
- 4 in. ginger root, roughly chopped
- 4 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup Chameleon Cold-Brew Black Coffee Concentrate
- 1 cup soda water
- Candied ginger to garnish
- Bring water, coconut nectar, lemongrass, ginger, turmeric and black pepper to a boil.
- Simmer until volume is reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
- Let lemongrass ginger brew cool then discard the ginger and lemongrass pieces.
- In each cup pour 2 oz of lemongrass ginger brew and 2 oz Chameleon Cold-Brew Concentrate
- Fill each cup with ice and top with soda water.
- Garnish with candied ginger and serve.
2) Chameleon Cold-Brew White Russian Cocktail
- One bottle Chameleon Cold-Brew Mexican Ready-To-Drink
- 2 oz. Vodka
- 1 oz. Coffee Liquor
- 4 oz. Cashew Cream
- Freeze bottle of Chameleon Cold-Brew by pouring into ice sheets
- Add (now frozen) Chameleon Cold-Brew cubes to glass
- Pour ingredients listed into glass
- Stir until ready
- Bottoms up!
3) Chameleon Cold-Brew Java Royale Shots
- 1.0 oz. Drambuie
- 0.5 oz. Green Chartreuse
- 3.0 oz. Chameleon Cold-Brew Vanilla Concentrate
- Candied ginger skewer (for garnish)
- Fill glass with ice
- Measure & add all ingredients (minus garnish) into ice-filled glass
- Stir contents for 30 seconds
4) Chameleon Cold-Brew Coconut Mojito
- 2 oz. Chameleon Cold-Brew Black Coffee Concentrate
- 20 mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- 3 oz. coconut milk
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Muddle Chameleon Cold-Brew Black Coffee Concentrate, mint and coconut nectar in your glass
- Top with enough ice to fill the glass
- In a separate glass, stir together coconut milk, lime juice, turmeric powder and black pepper
- Float turmeric coconut milk on top of the cold-brew mixture
- Garnish with mint or lime
- Stir it all together and enjoy!
5) Chameleon Cold-Brew Mocha Mint “PopTails”
- 1 1/2 oz. Tito’s Vodka
- 1 oz. Creme de Menthe
- 2 oz Chameleon Mocha Cold-Brew Concentrate
- 1 Chocolate Milk GoodPop Frozen Pop
- 1 Straw
- Shake all liquid ingredients together
- Strain mixture over a glass
- Add GoodPop Frozen Pop into glass upside down
- Add a straw and drink up!
Share your drink of choice with our favorite ingredient (cold brew, of course!) with the hashtag #MadeForMakers for the chance to be featured on our feed. Bottoms up and cheers from the Chameleon Crew… to whatever you’re celebrating!